Earnings Calculation

How do I calculate how much I will earn per minute?

You can use the calculator within the Edit Listing section on your Listings page.

 

How do I calculate how much I made during each conversation?

To calculate the total you earned from a reading, please follow the equation below:

  1. Price per minute x reading duration = price customer paid
  2. Reading duration x platform fees = total platform fee for the reading
  3. Price customer paid - total platform fee = total without commission

Total without commission x commission rate (written in the Payment Policy) = total advisor is paid for the reading

How to calculate my earnings, U.S. customer to U.S. advisor

Follow the steps below to calculate how much you made from a reading. Please note that in the examples listed with each step, the rate per minute is $2.50 and the example reading lasted 10 minutes. 

1. Multiply your rate per minute by how long the reading lasted. For example, if you were to charge $2.50 per minute and had a reading for 10 minutes.

 $2.50 * 10 minutes= $25.00.This is how much the customer paid

2. First we need to calculate how much is subtracted for platform fees. If both you and the customer are in the United States, platform fees are $0.40 total. The fee is split between you and the customer, $0.20 from you as the advisor and $0.20 from the customer.

$0.40 * 10= $4.00 in fees

3. Next, we need to subtract the platform fees from how much the customer paid

$25.00 - $4.00= $21.00

4. Finally multiply that total by how much advisors keep for commission fees. Currently, advisors keep 46% of the total and Keen keeps the rest. Please note that we keep 54% for all paid services, including Paid Mail and Bonuses. The total will be the amount paid out to you for the reading.

$21.00 * 0.46= $9.66

 

How does Keen calculate international rates for platform fees

If a customer wants to connect to you from somewhere outside of the United States, international customers will see a higher price per minute than what you had actually set. The price increase includes the international long-distance fees we require customers to pay. For example, if you had originally set your price per minute to $1.99 and you are located in the United States, customers who are in Sweden would see $2.39 per minute.The price increase includes the additional $0.40 in platform fees from the customer. Please see the Platform Fees article to see how much your customers are charged for platform fees per minute.

 

If you and your customer are outside of the U.S.

If you are an advisor in Canada and charge $3.35 per minute, speak with a customer who is in Denmark for 12 minutes, how much did you earn?

1. Check the the Platform Fees article to confirm the platform fees for you and the customer. 

    1. As a Canadian advisor, you are charged $0.28 per minute for the platform fee
    2. Your customer from Denmark will be charged $0.40 per minute for the platform fee

2. Calculate the platform fee by adding the fees for you and the customer. The sum is the platform fee per minute.

($0.28 + $0.40) = $0.68

3. With the total platform fee per minute we just calculated, multiply it by the total time of reading to see the total fees.

$0.68 * 12 minutes = $8.16

4. Add your price per minute to the total platform fee per minute to see how much the customer was charged per minute

$0.68 + $3.35 = $4.03

5. Multiply the sum from the step above with the total billed minutes for your reading to see the total cost the customer spent on the reading.

$4.03 * 12 minutes = $48.36

6. Subtract the total cost of the reading with the total platform fees. 

$48.36 - $8.16 = $40.20

7. Finally multiply that total by how much advisors keep for commission fees. Currently, advisors keep 46% of the total and Keen keeps the rest. Please note that we keep 54% for all paid services, including Paid Mail and Bonuses. The total will be the amount paid out to you for the reading.

$40.20 * 0.46 = $18.49



If you are in the U.S. but your customer is international

As an advisor in the United States, your platform fee is $0.20 per minute. In this example, your rate per minute will be $5.99. Your customer is in the United Kingdom, where we charge customers a platform fee of $0.35 and the reading was 7 minutes long. 

1. Calculate the platform fee by adding the fees for you and the customer. The sum is the platform fee per minute.

$0.20 + $0.35 = $0.55

2. With the total platform fee per minute we just calculated, multiply it by the total time of the reading to see the total fees.

$0.55 * 7 minutes = $3.85

3. Add your price per minute to the total platform fee per minute to see how much the customer was charged per minute

$5.99 + $0.55 = $6.54

4. Multiply the sum from the step above with the total billed minutes for your reading to see the total cost the customer spent on the reading.

$6.54 * 7 minutes = $45.78

5. Subtract the total cost of the reading with the total platform fees

$45.78 - $3.85 = $41.93

6. Finally multiply that total by how much advisors keep for commission fees. Currently, advisors keep 46% of the total and Keen keeps the rest. Please note that we keep 54% for all paid services, including Paid Mail and Bonuses. The total will be the amount paid out to you for the reading.

$41.93 * 0.46 = $19.29

 

If you are outside the U.S. and the customer is in the U.S.

In this example, let’s say you are an advisor who resides in Ireland, where we charge a platform fee of $0.45 per minute. Your current price per minute is $12.50. The reading in question lasted for 17 minutes and your customer who is in the United States is charged $0.20 per minute for the platform fee. 

 

1. Calculate the platform fee by adding the fees for you and the customer. The sum is the platform fee per minute.

$0.45 + $0.20 = $0.65

2. With the total platform fee per minute we just calculated, multiply it by the total time of the reading to see the total fees.

$0.65 * 17 minute = $11.05

3. Add your price per minute to the total platform fee per minute to see how much the customer was charged per minute

$12.50 + $0.65 = $13.15

4. Multiply the sum from the step above with the total billed minutes for your reading to see the total cost the customer spent on the reading.

$13.15 * 17 minutes = $223.55

5. Subtract the total cost of the reading with the total platform fees

$223.55- $11.05 = $212.50

6. Finally multiply that total by how much advisors keep for commission fees. Currently, advisors keep 46% of the total and Keen keeps the rest. Please note that we keep 54% for all paid services, including Paid Mail and Bonuses. The total will be the amount paid out to you for the reading.

$212.50 * 0.46 = $97.75



Was this article helpful?
56 out of 71 found this helpful