Effective Date: October 1, 2020
This Payment Policy forms part of the User Agreement and is incorporated by reference therein. Capitalized terms not defined herein will have the meanings set forth in the User Agreement and related policies.
1. Keen's responsibilities for Services you provide are subject to restrictions and limitations. The User who receives Services from another User through the Site is solely responsible for payment of any and all fees for the Transaction. Keen shall not be obligated to pay any User fees that have not been fully paid by the User or User's credit card issuer, bank, or other payment method. You (a) appoint Keen as your limited agent where applicable to receive payments on your behalf for Services you provide and (b) agree that receipt by Keen of any such payment constitutes receipt by you and satisfies the User's obligation to make such payment to you. The Transaction fees less Keen's platform fee and commissions set forth below, any tax withholdings required by law, and any refunds, discounts, chargebacks and chargeback fees payable by Keen shall be paid to the User that provided the Services.
You may charge Users a price per-minute fee as part of the listed rate for Live Calls. Keen may charge Users who provide Services the then-current per-minute fee (the "platform fee") for each Live Call as set forth at forty (40) cents per minute if you live in the U.S. If you live anywhere else, it costs more. Here's a list of country codes and our per-minute international phone rates. Keen reserves the right to change the amount of the platform fee at any time. In addition to the platform fee, Keen shall receive from Users who provide Services a commission equal to fifty-one percent (51%) of the Net Call Fees for all Live Call transactions that take place within all categories on Keen.com. "Net Call Fees" means the Gross Call Fees less Keen's platform fee. "Gross Call Fees" means the aggregate per-minute fees charged for each Live Call to your listing for the duration of the conversation.
You may charge Users a price per-minute fee as part of the listed rate for Chats. Keen may charge Users who provide Services the then-current platform fee for each Chat. as set forth at 40 cents per minute if you live in the U.S. If you live anywhere else, it costs more. Here's a list of country codes and our per-minute international phone rates. Keen reserves the right to change the amount of the platform fee at any time. In addition to the platform fee, Keen shall receive a commission equal to fifty-one percent (51%) of the Net Chat Fees for all Chat transactions that take place within all categories on Keen.com. "Net Chat Fees" means the Gross Chat Fees less Keen's platform fee. "Gross Chat Fees" means the aggregate per-minute fees charged for each Chat to your listing for the duration of the Chat.
You may charge Users a fee for responding to the Paid Mail requests that you receive. You must clearly state the fee for responding to Paid Mail in your listing(s). Keen shall receive a commission equal to fifty-one percent (51%) of the Gross Mail Fees for all transactions that take place (within all categories on Keen.com). "Gross Mail Fees" means the aggregate fees for all Paid Mail sent from your User account that are accepted by Users.
Keen may, at its option, invite you to participate as a User in special offerings that may include custom branding, promotional pricing, qualifications verification and/or targeted promotion. You do not have any obligation to accept such invitations; however, if you do accept such an invitation, you agree to be bound by the terms set forth in the invitation in addition to the terms and conditions of the User Agreement and the policies incorporated therein.
2. User Fee Remittance.
a. When you request to receive your User fees, they will be sent only in U.S. dollar denominations according to the method you designate to Keen.
b. If you are enrolled in monthly payments by check, a fee of two dollars ($2) will be deducted for each check issued to you. If fees that are due to you for any month are less than twenty dollars ($20), such fees will be held until the amount due at the end of any month is at least twenty dollars ($20). All checks shall be mailed to the address you specify via U.S. Postal Service approximately ten (10) days following the end of each month.
c. You may register to receive fees by direct deposit via ACH if you have a registered U.S. bank account that is eligible for ACH transfers and otherwise meets the direct deposit requirements set forth under the Request Direct Deposit section of your account. If you are enrolled in direct deposit and are eligible to receive funds daily by ACH, fees shall be sent each business day by ACH to your Bank Account. Keen reserves the right to terminate a User's ability to receive funds daily by ACH at any time without reason or notice.
d. You are solely responsible for (i) all hardware, software and other costs incurred in using the Site, and (ii) determining, collecting, reporting and paying any applicable state and federal sales, income or other taxes. Keen may withhold taxes from amounts received by Users as required by law and reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or close a User account until accurate tax information, including, but not limited to, a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), is collected.
e. Keen reserves the right in its sole discretion to institute a chargeback policy as Keen deems appropriate. Keen reserves the right to hold your fees without notice for any transaction for which it believes in its sole discretion the User or User's bank may not fulfill his or her payment obligation. Keen reserves the right to hold funds for transactions it deems suspicious.
f. Keen reserves the right to close a User account at any time without reason, including, but not limited to, a violation of this Payment Policy, upon notice to the User. In such event, any remaining unrestricted funds shall be sent to the User.
g. Keen reserves the right to restrict payments of User fees for any of the following reasons:
- Reports of unauthorized or unusual credit card use
- Reports of unauthorized or unusual bank account use
- Receipt of potentially fraudulent funds
- Excessive disputes or chargebacks
- Refusal to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of identity when requested
- Sending unsolicited email or posting referral links on websites where they are not permitted
- Opening multiple User accounts under different names to facilitate fraudulent activity
- Suspected violations of the User Agreement
- Name on the bank account associated with the User account does not match the name on the User account
- Return of an incoming Electronic Funds Transfer for insufficient funds in the bank account, incorrect bank routing number or incorrect bank account number
- Use of an anonymizing proxy
- Any other circumstances which cause Keen to believe that a User account may be being used for fraudulent purposes
If your User account is identified for review, you will be notified by email and requested to provide information relevant to your User account. Keen will use reasonable efforts to promptly investigate the matter and/or reach a final decision on the restriction. If the investigation result is in your favor, Keen will remove the restrictions from your User account. If the investigation result is not in your favor, Keen may continue to restrict your User account for up to one hundred eighty (180) days or close your User account by giving you notice. If Keen closes your User account, a check for any undisputed funds will be mailed to you to the address that you specify. If you are later determined to be entitled to any disputed funds, a check in the amount of such funds will be mailed to you to the address that you specify.