About Featured Listings
What is the Featured Listings program?
Why use Featured Listings?
How does Featured Listings work?
How are Featured Listings ranked?Your Featured Listings Rank is determined by combining your maximum bid amount with your Listing Quality Score to get a combined Featured Listing Score. This combined score then determines your Featured Listings Rank. The listing with the highest Featured Listing Rank in a category will achieve the highest placement in Featured Listings for that category; the next highest Featured Listings Rank will achieve the next highest placement; and so on. Therefore, when you participate in Featured Listings, your listing's final placement is determined by comparing your Featured Listing Rank to that of the other listings that are participating in the Featured Listings system at the same time that you are.
What is a Listing Quality Score (LQS)?
- Quality of Service: Keen customers are seeking meaningful readings from experienced, professional, and gifted advisors on the platform, but only a customer knows when they have found what they are looking for. Measuring quality, therefore, relies heavily on customer experience/sentiment, provided directly through customer feedback, and indirectly through customer action.
- Business Performance: Business Performance is made up of components that measure the business value that a listing provides to Keen. Because there are amazing advisors available on Keen at every price, Business Performance is based on several factors, including the total time you spend delivering services to your customers, with revenue contributed to the platform as an additional measure.
- Ease of Doing Business: Ease of Doing Business is made up of components that measure how reliably and easily customers can connect with you on Keen. Actions that will affect your Ease of Doing Business Score include missing conversations or pre-maturely ending calls or chats.
- Retention Rate: The primary indicator that a customer has a great experience with Keen is their frequency of transacting on the platform, in particular with a given advisor. Taking care of your customers by sending follow up notes or free minutes to encourage them to speak with you again can help drive repeat usage, thus improving the Retention Rate.
- New Bonds Established: New Bonds Established is a raw count of new customers (new to you or new to Keen) who spoke with you in the previous 90 days. A percentile rank is also shared to illustrate how this listing compares to other active listings on the platform. Seeking and retaining new customers is an important part of growing your business.
- Active Repeat Bonds: Active Repeat Bonds is the number of returning customers (users that you have spoken with at some time in the past) who spoke with you again in the previous 90 days. A percentile rank is also shared to show how this listing compares with the rest of the advisor community. Repeat connections with a customer is an important quality metric as it shows customer loyalty.
Your LQS is calculated daily and covers activity over a rolling 90-day period.
How do I achieve a higher Featured Listings Rank?
What counts as a charged click -- and what does not?
- A customer with valid payment information (e.g. credit card or debit card) clicks on your Featured Listing when you are available to take a call or chat.
- A user clicks on your Featured Listing when you are available to take a call or chat, and subsequently adds valid payment information to their account within 24-hours of clicking on your Featured Listing; if you have more than one Featured Listing, you may be charged for an eligible click on each one in a 24-hour period.
- A customer with valid payment information (e.g. credit card or debit card) listens to your Featured Listing's voice greeting when using the Browse Greetings option over the phone.
- A customer with valid payment information enters the extension of your listing after dialing a promotional 800 number that has been advertised to new customers.
- A member clicks on your listing when you are unavailable.
- A member clicks on your listing when viewing it through a sort option other than Featured Listings including Top Available or Top Rated.
- The same member clicks on your Featured Listing more than once in a 24-hour period; you will not be charged more than once for these clicks (but please remember that this limit applies per Featured Listing, so if a member clicks on more than one of your Featured Listings in different categories in a 24-hour period, the first click on each listing will be charged).
- A non-member clicks on your Featured Listing when you're available to take a call but doesn't register with valid payment information within 24 hours of clicking on your Featured Listing.
- You click on your own listing.
- Other advisors click on your listing (unless they go on to make a paid transaction with you).
- Customers who have paid transactions with you within the last 30-days click on your Featured Listing.
- A member enters the extension of your listing after dialing the main phone number for Keen, 1-800-ASK-KEEN.
- An employee of Keen clicks on your listing.
Choosing a Listing
I have several listings. Which listing should I feature? Can I feature more than one listing?
Can I feature a listing from one category in another category?No. Your listing can only be featured in the category to which it belongs.
Does my listing's Star Rating matter?Yes, it does. To ensure quality, listings with less than a 3.5 Star Rating cannot be featured. If your listing drops below this level, you should take steps to improve the quality of your service to feature your listing in the future.
If I don't feature my listing, how will customers find me?
Managing Your Featured Listings Bid(s)
How much does it cost to feature my listing?
Is there a minimum amount for an active bid?Yes. The minimum amount for an active bid is $0.20 per charged click.
Is there a maximum amount for an active bid?Yes, The maximum amount for an active bid is $200.00 per charged click.
What is a "Maximum Bid"?Your Maximum Bid is the highest amount that you're willing to pay for each click when you feature your listing on Keen.
How do I know what my maximum bid will get me?At the time that you set your maximum bid amount, you'll be able to see historical prices for listings with a Featured Listing Rank similar to yours over the past seven days, broken down by page placement and time of day. You can use this as a guide to determine how much you want to spend.
I want to be in the top position every time I'm available. How can I do that?Use the bidding tool to set your maximum bid to achieve the rank you desire. Keep in mind that your rank and amount charged per click may vary as the availability and maximum bid of other featured listings in your category change. You can view your rank, review results, and manage your bids from your My Account page.
If I bid to be featured in my listing category, will I have to bid again to appear in the top category as well?No. A bid that features your listing on your main category page will automatically feature that listing on the appropriate top category page as well.
Do Featured Listings show up in search results?Yes, Featured Listings do appear in search results and elsewhere throughout Keen.
What if I want to change or cancel my Featured Listing bid?From your My Account page under the section titled My Listings, simply locate the listing that you've bid on and click "Edit" in the "Featured" column. From here you'll able to change your Maximum Bid, or stop featuring your listing altogether.
Can I set a budget to Feature my listing?Yes, by entering an amount in the field labeled "Budget" under Bid Expiration when you are creating or editing your maximum bid. The amount you set for your budget will limit your total cost for clicks. Your budget must be at least three times the amount of your bid price. For example, if your bid price is $2.00, you must enter a budget amount of at least $6.00.
Why is my bid no longer active or my listing no longer featured?
- Budget reached – When you set your maximum bid amount, you have the option to set a limit on the total amount to spend to feature your listing. This is your bid expiration or budget amount. Your Featured Listing bid expires once you reach the budget that you set. To create a new bid and budget, just enter a new maximum bid for that listing again.
- Insufficient funds – You don't have enough money in your account to pay for a click. To solve this problem, simply deposit more money into your account.
- Low conversion - A Featured Listing bid expires when it generates an unusually high number of clicks relative to paid transactions from those clicks. We do this to help you limit highly inefficient spending to feature your listings. If your bid expires for this reason, you'll receive an email letting you know what steps you can take to make your bids active again.
- No Photo – Your listing is required to have a photo to be displayed in Featured Listings.
- Low Star Ratings – To ensure quality, listings that have a Star Rating less than 3.5 cannot be featured.
- Not accepted/Pending acceptance – Your listing could either be not accepted or pending acceptance. Check your My Account page and look at the My Listings section for messages/icons informing what steps you may need to take.
- Recorded Name and Greeting – When a customer dials a toll-free number to access Keen, they have the option to browse Featured Listings by listening to recorded names and greetings of listings by category. Your listing will not be featured over the phone without an accepted recorded name and greeting. To record your name and greeting, dial 1-800-ASK-KEEN and follow instructions after logging into your account or go to My Account and click on "Record greetings for my listings" in the Marketing Center. Your listing can still be featured on www.keen.com without a recorded name/greeting.
Managing Your Business
How can I understand if Featured Listings is working for my business?
- How much do you spend to acquire a customer through Featured Listings?
- Do you achieve a positive ROI on Featured Listings after one call, or do you need to focus on repeat customers to achieve positive ROI?
- What maximum bid generates the best results for each listing?
What are Featured Listing Results?
- Overview of your Featured Listings: Review your FL transactions, earnings, and costs.
- Listings: Roll-up of historical data for each featured listing's results.
- Bids: Review bid history as it relates to max bid, charged amounts and bid statuses.
- Clicks: Review all clicks; which customers generated them and when; and whether or not they led to paid transactions.
- Transactions: Review all paid transactions as a roll-up or broken down by Recorded, Live, and Mail for the timeframe you choose.
- Customers: Review and analyze historical data for each customer acquired through Featured Listings and their paid transactions with you.
What is a Bid ID?This is the identification number for each separate Maximum Bid that you set to feature your listing.
How many bids can I have at once for a listing?You may only have one active bid at a time for each individual listing. If you decide to change your Maximum Bid, the old bid will become inactive, and your new bid will get a new Bid ID.
What is a Click ID?Each click that occurs while your listing is featured receives a unique Click ID, allowing you to see when a click occurs and whether it was charged. You may sort your Featured Listings clicks by charged clicks, uncharged clicks, or both. You can also sort your clicks by date range.
Can I see details for customers who click on my Featured Listings?Yes. The Featured Listing Results section is integrated with My Customers. The clickable member name is displayed for each customer who has a paid transaction with you after clicking on your Featured Listing. You may link from Featured Listing Results to My Customers to help you better manage your Featured Listing investment.
Can I see member names of users who click on my Featured Listings in Featured Listing Results but are not My Customers?No. We believe that revealing the member name of a user who clicks on your Featured Listing without making a purchase from you would be a violation of that member's privacy. As you know, privacy is extremely important to Keen. However, you will be able to see the date that a member joined Keen, which may be a helpful insight and makes the interaction somewhat more tangible.
How did I receive Featured Listings earnings when I don't have an active bid?This may be a result of your listing having a relatively high Listing Quality Score. You'll see this when viewing click reporting of clicks with no FL charges.
How did I receive Featured Listings earnings when there are no clicks for my listing, or receive clicks but no paid transactions?Sometimes members will click on one of your listings and call another. To check how the program is performing for you overall, choose "All Listings" from the dropdown menu.
Do I have to pay for my Featured Listings in advance?You need to have a balance in your account whether it's from services you have sold or a credit card deposit. You'll only be charged once you make yourself available and receive clicks on your Featured Listing.
Will I get charged for clicks that occur when I'm not available to take calls and chats?No, you are only charged for clicks that occur when you're available to take call and chats.
Will I be charged if I miss a call or chat while I'm available?Yes. Whether you miss the call/chat on accident or simply decide not to take it, you'll be charged according to the same rules when you have an active bid and are available.
Will I get charged if I click on my Featured Listing or if my established customers or other advisors click on it?No, you can click on your listing as often as you like, and you won't be charged. You will only be charged for clicks from other advisors if they go on to make a paid transaction from your listing. Finally, you will not be charged when a customer who has made a paid transaction with you within the past 30-days clicks on your Featured Listing.
If a user clicks on my listing who doesn't have a credit card on file, but does add one later, will I get charged for the click?Yes, if this member goes on to add a credit card within 24-hours of clicking on your Featured Listing, that click will be counted as a charged click at the bid price that was in effect at the time of the click.
Why did a previously uncharged click become a charged click?
- The click occurred when you were available, but the click was not charged until the customer was validated.
- The click was uncharged at first but then becomes a charged click. The Featured Listing Results Clicks tab contains two columns for the "click" and "click charged" date to help you understand the delay when a click isn't immediately charged.
- Your click charge is more than your current max bid. The click is charged based on your Maximum Bid Amount at the time the click originally occurred. You may have subsequently lowered your maximum bid.
What if I run out of money while my bid is active?Your bid will become inactive. To continue featuring your listing, you'll need to set and place your Maximum Bid after you add or earn more money.
Am I charged for clicks on web sites other than www.keen.com where Featured Listings are displayed?Yes. Featured Listings may also be displayed in banner advertisements and through feeds that are made available to marketing partners. These clicks generate calls and chats in exactly the same way that listings on a Keen page do.
Still have a question? Contact us!