Advisor User Guidelines
Last Updated: 12/10/2020
We are thrilled to have you as part of Keen's trusted network of talented spiritual advisors. With your guidance, seekers of advice have gained clarity on Keen for over 20 years.
As part of our commitment at Keen, we are dedicated to ensuring that our platform remains safe and engaging for everyone. That's why we’ve created this article to supplement the Keen User Agreement and its corresponding policies. Our goal is to provide a snapshot of key policy highlights in an effort to make it easier to understand our expectations and keep everyone safe. Above any one specific policy, it’s important that everyone on Keen be treated with respect.
There are some instances in which our team may reach out to give a friendly reminder about conduct on Keen. Other times, we must take more serious action depending on the situation. It's important that you feel knowledgeable and clear on some of our most basic rules.
Guidelines for Advisors
- You must be at least 18 to use Keen. If you happen to connect with an underage user and they tell you their age, please end the conversation and let us know.
- Don’t shout, swear or otherwise behave abusively towards other users, whether they be customers or your fellow advisors. This includes sending an unreasonable number of messages without a response, as well as spam Keen Mail messages. Sending a hostile message to a customer because of a review they posted is never allowed.
- Advisors on Keen are not permitted to provide advice or predictions that require a professional license, such as legal advice or medical advice. Please keep in mind that pregnancy advice or predictions is considered to be medical advice.
- We take it seriously when we find out that an advisor is using Keen to direct users elsewhere, especially to provide services to them outside our platform. Please don’t ask customers for their personal information, provide yours or mention competitive services on your listing. It's a violation of our policies to circumvent Keen's billing structure.
- As with your customers, please remember that nobody should be accessing your account but you. Along with this, the only person to receive payments from the account should be the person who is providing advice from it—you.
- Be kind to our Customer Support team. They want to help, especially when you're stressed and need it most. Just remember there's a human on the other side when you contact us. We especially appreciate your patience with our new agents as they learn how to better assist you.
- Please don’t manipulate the feedback system. This includes offering anything of value in exchange for positive feedback, lashing out at customers for posting less-than-perfect feedback, boosting your feedback with alternate accounts and disconnecting on customers to stop conversations from becoming eligible for feedback.
- If you have access to the forums, please be mindful of the Forum Policy before posting.
- Please don’t use your listings to vent, whether it’s about other users, their feedback or about Keen itself. Your listings should be a place for you to share your talents and experiences. If you’re having trouble with a policy-related issue, please reach out to Play Fair.
- In our mission to make Keen a safe space, we seek to educate our users about our policies and related decisions whenever possible. There are, however, circumstances in which our policy team will be unable to go into detail about a specific situation or action. We appreciate your understanding during these instances. Thank you again for being part of our advisor community and adhering to these policies that help make Keen the best space for spiritual advice.
About Play Fair
Play Fair's role on Keen is to address policy issues related to our User Agreement. Our goal is to foster a safe community by educating users about our policies and addressing issues related to them when needed. Our team cares greatly about our community and we endeavor to take an empathetic approach to the issues we address. We want Keen to remain a safe and respectful space for everyone. We encourage users, whether they're on Keen to seek advice or to provide it, to reach out whenever they have questions or concerns related to safety issues or our policies in general. The best way to contact us is through our Customer Support Form.