Unable to Take Calls
About Taking Calls
When a customer initiates a call with an advisor, we call both parties with 1-800-ASK-KEEN (275-5336). To connect to a customer, both the advisor and customer must select option 1 for the call to begin. If the first call isn't answered, we try calling again from different 800 numbers in an attempt to get you connected.
My Calls Are Going to Voicemail/Not Ringing
The most common culprit for phones not ringing is you may have a “Silence Unknown Callers” or “Block 800 numbers” setting on. When this setting is activated, calls from 800 numbers do not ring and go to voicemail automatically resulting in a missed call. This is a common setting most cellphones have. Please see the steps below to check if this is toggled on for your device.
- iOS devices (such as iPhones)
- Go to your device's settings.
- Scroll down to "Phone" and select the">" arrow.
- Scroll down to "Silence Unknown Callers" and make sure that this is not selected.
- Uncheck this option if enabled.
- Android devices
- Select the "phone" button/phone notifications (phone icon at bottom of the screen).
- From the keypad, tap on menu settings (3 vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner).
- Select “blocked numbers”, then toggle "block unknown callers" off.
My Phone Is Ringing But Nothing Happens When I Press "1"
A common issue that advisors and users have is they are receiving the Keen calls from the 800 numbers but are unable to connect by pressing “1”. While “1” may be being pressed, our system may have some issues with recognizing it. This also results in missed calls as we require advisors to press “1” to connect to users. Here are some suggestions to help alleviate this.
- If you're taking calls via a mobile phone, you might want to disconnect from your wifi connection. This step should improve consistency and reliability.
- Add 800-ASK-KEEN (275-5336) to your device’s contacts list, which will ensure that all calls from Keen ring on your phone.
- Please make sure that your phone isn't blocking any 800 numbers. See the steps outlined in the My Calls are going to Voicemail section
- You may want to reset your device by turning your phone off and on again, or unplugging and plugging back in your landline to refresh your connection.
Can I test my phone to ensure everything is working?
Yes, on the My Keen page, you have the option to send yourself a “Test Call” to confirm that your device is able to properly accept calls and you won’t miss any live calls with your customers.