Unable to Take Chats (on the Keen website)
When a customer initiates a chat with an advisor, the advisor has up to 60 seconds to answer this chat using their monitor. To receive chat requests, the call/chat monitor must always be open, so it stays active.
If you're having trouble answering chats, try these steps:
- Make sure you have only 1 chat monitor open. The only way to answer a chat is through this monitor so make sure you can access it quickly.
- Close all browsers and restart your browsers again to keep only 1 monitor open
- While Keen works on multiple browsers, we recommend you use the Google Chrome browser for optimal performance (note - our Voice to Text feature only works on Google Chrome) or you are welcome to use Safari on Mac computers.
- We recommend you access Keen through on a desktop or laptop computer or through the official Keen Advisor Apps (in the Apple Store or Google Play Store) for optimal performance.
- Ensure your browser sounds and notifications are set up properly by following the steps in the Enable Chat Alerts Article.
- Ensure you are using a strong connection through either Wi-Fi or cellular data to connect and stay connected to the chat. Any interruptions or weak connections from either the advisor or customer end may cause issues connecting or end the chat prematurely.
- If you are online on both the web and one of the mobile Keen Advisor apps, your chat notification will ring on both devices. Please accept the chat using only one device and ignore the other (do not silence or decline the request) to ensure you do not disconnect on the customer.
- If you would like to hear the notification on only one device, we recommend that you sign out from the other device.
Still need help?
If you have already checked the steps above and still have any issues connecting to multiple chats, please contact Customer Service and have the following information ready:
- Usernames, times, and dates of the chats that experienced issues
- The device used to access to take chats (Type of Computer or Laptop/iOS or Android App)
- Your internet/phone data provider
- Any error message text that may appear